NHS Day of Caring rescheduled from April 25 to May 2. Any questions, call the Day of Caring line at 632-2444.
NOMINATE Wadena/Deer Creek ALUMNI for HALL OF FAME
Wadena-Deer Creek High School is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the accomplishments of their alumni with a Wadena-Deer Creek Hall of Fame.
Outstanding alumni can be nominated now through May 1, 2018, to be inducted into the inaugural class at the 2018 Homecoming Game on Sept. 28 against the Pelican Rapids Vikings.
The WDC Hall of Fame will recognize outstanding participants, coaches, and contributors from the current WDC School District, as well as the former Wadena and Deer Creek districts.
Four categories are available. Participants, coaches, teams, as well as an at-large category for those that have made significant contributions in any way to the activities programs at WDC.
Forms are also available at the high school office or by clicking here:
MATH PREP FOR WDC JUNIORS!
To help juniors prepare for their upcoming Math MCA test on April 26, WDC's math teachers Mrs. Becker and Mr. Peterson are offering STUDY SESSIONS so students will succeed and do well. How awesome is that?!
Parents -- please encourage your juniors to take advantage of these following STUDY SESSIONS:
Mon., April 23 - 7:15-8am Becker's rm (Trig/Logarithms)
Tues., April 24 - 3:15-4pm Becker's rm (Probability/Statistics)
Wed., April 25 - 7:15-8am Peterson's rm (Probability/Statistics)
1) FREE food at each study session!
2) If the juniors can surpass last year's Math MCA scores by 5%, students will earn an afternoon celebration the last week of school -- grill out, yard games, music and more!
Come study with Mrs. Becker and Mr. Peterson! Together, we can achieve more! 😀
Ready for Drivers' Ed?
Are you 15 years old by Dec. 31, 2018? If so, you are eligible to register for Wadena-Deer Creek Drivers' Education summer classes, June 4-June 18 at WDC Middle/High School. Choose a morning (8-11:15am) or afternoon (12:00-3:15pm) session for classroom instruction.
A mandatory Parent Meeting will be held May 29 from 6:30 to 8 p.m. in the Robertson Theatre at the high school. Questions, contact Scott Endres, drivers education coordinator, at 632-2404 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 24-25 - MCA Math Testing, 6th Grade
- April 26 - MCA Math Testing, 3rd Grade
- April 26 - MCA Math Testing, 11th Grade
- April 26 - 4th Grade Target Field Field Trip
- April 26 - First Grade Spring Music Program, 1:30p, Auditorium
- April 26 - Second Grade Spring Music Program, 2:15p, Auditorium
- April 27 - Two-Hour Late Start for buses and classes
- April 27 - Second Grade DL Holmes Theater Field Trip
- May 1-2 - MCA Science Testing, 5th Grade
- May 1-3 - MCA Math Testing, 4th Grade
- May 2 - NHS Day of Caring, 9a-3p, Wadena-Deer Creek-Bluffton communities
- May 3 - MCA Science Testing, 8th Grade
- May 4 - MMEA Junior High Band Festival, all day, Alexandria
- May 5 - Band & Choir Section/State Solo/Ensemble Contest, all day, Staples
- May 7-11 - Buy-One-Get-One-Free Book Fair, Elementary Media
- May 7 - Wadena Rotary Fine Arts Rotary Banquet, 5p, HS Commons
- May 8-10 - MCA Science Testing, 10th Grade
- May 9 - Special Olympics Track & Field, Pillager
- May 10 - Grades 3 & 4 Spring Music Program, 1:30p
- May 11 - Kindergarten's Muffins with Mom, 8:15a
- May 14 - WDC Retiree Open House, 3:30-5p, HS Commons
- May 14 - Grades 5-8 Band Concert, 7p, HS Gym
- May 15 - ALL LIBRARY MATERIALS DUE!
- May 16 - Senior Awards Night, 7p, Robertson Theatre
- May 17 - Last Day of Preschool
- May 18 - Pop Tab Collection Day
- May 21 - School Board Meeting, 6p, Robertson Theatre
- May 22 - Grades 5-6 Elem Music/7-8 Choir Concert, 1:30p, HS Gym
- May 22 - Grades 9-12 Band/Jazz Band & Pops Concert, 8p, HS Gym
- May 23 - Grades 9-12 Recognition Breakfast, Commons
- May 23 - Baccalaureate, 7p, Robertson Theatre
- May 24 - Kindergarten Graduation, 1:30p, Wadena Memorial Auditorium. Congratulations, Class of 2030!
- May 25 - High School Commencement, 7p, MS/HS Gym. Congrats to the Class of 2018!
- May 25 - Third Grade Field Trip to Bemidji Science Museum
- May 30- Gr 5-8 Recognition Program, 9:30a, MS/HS Gym
- May 31 - K-4 Awards Ceremony, 9a, Wadena Memorial Auditorium
- May 31 - Last Day of School! Dismiss at 1p at middle/high school and 1:10p at elementary
Let's Help Macey!
Wadena-Deer Creek sixth-grader Macey Goeden suffered a freak accident at a basketball game on Feb. 3 that lacerated the cornea of her eye. She's already undergone two surgeries at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis in attempt to repair the damage. The first surgery she received 12 stitches across her eye. Macey has a long recovery ahead of her with the likelihood of more surgeries. Macey's family, Kevin and Gail Goeden of Wadena, are hopeful that she will eventually regain her eyesight in that eye.
Anyone who is familiar with Macey, knows what a sweet, kind and thoughtful girl she is. Her mom, Gail, said Macey has been a trooper through all of this. Wadena-Deer Creek Schools would like to help Macey and the Goeden family as medical and travel expenses are beginning to accrue.
Here’s how you can help:
- Make a Donation! Make check payable to: The Macey Goeden Sunshine Fund c/o Wadena-Deer Creek Middle/High School 600 Colfax Ave SW Wadena MN 56482 ~~~Mail or drop off your donation at the middle/high school office.~~~
- WDC Student Council is selling Wolverine Pride LED bracelets for $5 each. Half of the proceeds to be donated to the Macey Goeden Sunshine Fund.
Thank you for your support!
PLEASE SAVE AND COLLECT FOR WDC! The school collects Box Tops, Pizza Ranch wagons, Loaves 4 Learning and Pop Tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. Turn in these items at the elementary or middle/high school offices. Thank you!
Wolverine indoor track
WDC Middle/High School INDOOR TRACK HOURS: M-F: 6am-7:30am and 5:30pm to 8:30pm until track season is outdoors. Nine times around the track equals 1 mile! The public is invited to enjoy our indoor track. There may be days it is closed due to games, tournaments or cleaning. Thank you for your cooperation!