Congratulations to WDC's FCCLA chapter! All Star Events are advancing to State FCCLA!
Members advancing include:
- Frannie Bakken and Paige Barthel, 8th grade, "We Scare Hunger" project
- Casey Bounds, Issac Breitling, Morgan Grangruth, 8th grade, "March of Dimes Drive"
- Elliot Doyle, 7th grade, "FCCLA Week"
- Angela LeComte, Emma Mehl, Teagan Roberts, 7th grade, "Little Dresses for Africa"
- Joslynn Judd and Taylor Simon, 7th grade, "Protecing You, Protecting Me"
- Hope Norenberg, 12th; Jessica Langer, 12th; Caitlin Savage, 10th; Tyler Jahnke, 10th; Senior Buzz
- Caitlin Savage, 10th grade, Chapter in Review Display
- Hope Norenberg, 12th grade, Career Investigation - Signing
Celebrating 100th Day of School!
its all about the number 100!
Students and teachers gathered for photos this morning to kick off this special day. Throughout the school today, teachers had activities and lessons centered around the number 100. We'll post more photos throughout the day!
BASKETBALL BUDDIES FOR GRADES 1-2 GIRLS
WDC 1st and 2nd grade girls are invited to join "Basketball Buddies" -- a two-day camp on Feb. 16 and 23, from 3:10-4:10pm, at the WDC Elementary Gym. Sign-up is required and registration forms must be returned by Friday, Feb. 12. Cost for the camp is $5, checks payable to WDC Basketball.
Any questions, e-mail Coach Keith Ferris at email@example.com or Coach Tracy Fruechte firstname.lastname@example.org.
CHASE AWAY THE COLD WITH Snow Days Week!
Tuesday, February 16
- Lounge/Pajama Day
- Muscle Volleyball
Wednesday, February 17
- WDC Spirit Day
- Talent Show 9:45am - 10:52am.
- Flashmob Practice Times: If you plan to participate please select 2 or more practices This Thursday (February 11th) 3:10 - 3:35pm; Friday (February 12th) 7:30am - 7:55am; Next Tuesday (February 16th) 3:10 - 3:35pm; Next Wednesday (February 17th) 7:30am - 7:55am **All practices will be held in the Robertson Theatre
Thursday, February 18
- Vacation Destination Day
Seniors - Rome
Juniors - Hawaii
Sophomores - Alaska
Freshman - Texas
7th and 8th Grade - Hollywood
5th and 6th Grade - DisneyWorld
Faculty - Mexico
Friday, February 19
- Multiplicity Day
- Dodgeball Tournament (grades 9-12)
- Floor Hockey (grades 5-8)
Elementary Snow Days Schedule:
- Tuesday: Lounge/PJ Day
- Wednesday: WDC Spirit Day
- Thursday: Beach/Vacation Day
- Friday: Book Character Day (dress up as your favorite book character)
Let's have a FUN and EXCITING week!
I LOVE TO READ MONTH 2016 Get in the Game! Read!
From Feb. 1 to March 3, Wadena-Deer Creek Schools will be celebrating “I LOVE TO READ” month. WDC Elementary and Middle/High School have special activities planned to highlight the need for strong literacy skills and to demonstrate that reading is fun! Remember to cuddle up and read every night at home too!
Feb. 8-25 - Guest Readers scattered throughout weekly elementary library visits.
Feb. 29-March 3 - Book Fair at middle/high school media center, open 7:30am to 4pm.
March 3 - Guest Author, Bill Durbin. He is the author of many historical fiction favorites such as Blackwater Ben, Song of Sampo Lake, The Broken Blade, The Winter War, and El Lector.
Durbin will speak in Robertson Theatre:
12:18 to 1:10pm - Grade 5
1:13 to 2:05pm - Grade 6
- Feb. 14 - Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, WDC MS/HS
- Feb. 15 - NO SCHOOL/OFFICES CLOSED - President's Day
- Feb. 15-19 - School Board Recognition Week
- Feb. 16 - Basketball Buddies, 3:10-4:10pm, WDC Elementary Gym
- Feb. 16 - School Board meeting, 6pm, Robertson Theatre. Agenda.
- Feb. 16-19 - Snow Week
- Feb. 21 - Prince & Princess Party, 1-2:30pm, WDC Elementary Gym. Cost: $5
- Feb. 21 - Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, WDC MS/HS Gym
- Feb. 23 - Basketball Buddies, 3:10-4:10pm, WDC Elementary Gym
- Feb. 23 - Robotics Team "Stop-Build deadline"
- Feb. 24 - Grades 9-12 Large Group Band Contest, All Day, Staples
- Feb. 25 - WDC Preschool Registration Night, 5:30-7pm, WDC Elementary
- Feb. 29-Mar. 3 - Book Fair, WDC MS/HS Media Center
- Feb. 29 - End of 2nd Trimester at Elementary
Indoor Track Hours: 6am to 7:30am and 3:15pm to 6pm, Monday-Friday. In the event of a sports activity, the track will close by 5pm.
The WDC Junior Class is gearing up to host another amazing prom this year. Prom will take place on April 16, 2016.
All Juniors and Seniors had the opportunity to vote on a theme this year. "Winter Wonderland" was the winning theme, with Paris coming in second!
The Grand March will be held at the Wadena Memorial Auditorium, with the Prom dance to follow. The Chemical-Free After Prom Party planning has not officially started, but the Maslowski Wellness Center is an option with our Prom attendants and chaperones renting out the entire place for the night! Junior Parents are the backbone of this party, and are needed to make it happen! Stay tuned for more information, as the planning committee solidifies more details! For more information, contact Kim Stafki, Prom Advisor, at 632-2347.
WDC Late Bus runs Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Elementary pickup is at 5:10pm at the Cafeteria Doors on Dayton Avenue. Middle/High School pickup is at 5:15pm at the bus loading/unloading area behind the school.
WDC Elementary designated a 2014 Reward School!