Ice Cream for Books is April 5!
All children preschool–grade 4 are invited to an evening of fun at Ice Cream for Books on Thursday, April 5 from 6:00-7:30 p.m. at the WDC Elementary School.
Bring your gently used books to trade for other people’s gently used books at the Book Swap. Play BINGO and win new books. Cool down with an ice cream treat. Enjoy hearing a story or two in one of the storytelling rooms and just for coming you might even win a new book in the book-a-minute drawings.
Sponsored by by WDC Title I, WDC ECFE and Preschool and WCMCA Head Start.
Wednesday, March 21 is Rock Your Socks for World Down Syndrome Day! Celebrate our differences by wearing your most colorful, fun or even mismatched socks!
Courtny warren selected to all-state dance
WDC sophomore Courtny Warren capped off a fantastic dance season when she joined more than 200 Minnesota All-State dance members on March 10 at Eden Prairie High School.
"I'm so proud of her and how she did," WDC Dance coach Beth Motschenbacher said. "She certainly proved she deserved to be there."
Courtny has been on the dance team since 7th grade and team captain for past two years.
In addition to dance, Courtny is involved in volleyball and softball for WDC. She is the daughter of Paul and Heather Warren of Wadena. Congratulations, Courtny!
Let's Help Macey!
Wadena-Deer Creek sixth-grader Macey Goeden suffered a freak accident at a basketball game on Feb. 3 that lacerated the cornea of her eye. She's already undergone two surgeries at Children's Hospital in Minneapolis in attempt to repair the damage. The first surgery she received 12 stitches across her eye. Macey has a long recovery ahead of her with the likelihood of more surgeries. Macey's family, Kevin and Gail Goeden of Wadena, are hopeful that she will eventually regain her eyesight in that eye.
Anyone who is familiar with Macey, knows what a sweet, kind and thoughtful girl she is. Her mom, Gail, said Macey has been a trooper through all of this. Wadena-Deer Creek Schools would like to help Macey and the Goeden family as medical and travel expenses are beginning to accrue.
Here’s how you can help:
- Make a Donation! Make check payable to: The Macey Goeden Sunshine Fund c/o Wadena-Deer Creek Middle/High School 600 Colfax Ave SW Wadena MN 56482 ~~~Mail or drop off your donation at the middle/high school office.~~~
- WDC Student Council is selling Wolverine Pride LED bracelets for $5 each. Half of the proceeds to be donated to the Macey Goeden Sunshine Fund.
Thank you for your support!
- March 19 - Opening Practice for Varsity Baseball and Boys/Girls Golf
- March 21 - NHS Blood Drive, 8am-2pm, FEMA Gym
- March 28 - MN 10,000 Lakes Regional Robotics Competition, University of MN
- March 28 - End of Quarter 3
- March 28 - Grades 9-12 Large Group Choir Contest, all day, Staples
- March 29-April 2 - No School. Spring Break.
PLEASE SAVE AND COLLECT FOR WDC! The school collects Box Tops, Pizza Ranch wagons, Loaves 4 Learning and Pop Tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. Turn in these items at the elementary or middle/high school offices. Thank you!
Wolverine indoor track
WDC Middle/High School INDOOR TRACK HOURS: M-F: 6am-7:30am and 3:15pm to 8pm, Sundays, 1-3pm. Nine times around the track equals 1 mile! The public is invited to enjoy our indoor track. There may be days it is closed due to games, tournaments or cleaning. Thank you for your cooperation!