It's Always A Great Day to be a Wolverine!
Wolverine Schedule for Thursday, December 14:
- 5:00pm Basketball: Boys C Game vs. Royalton @ Wadena-Deer Creek High School
- 6:00pm Basketball: Girls JV Game vs. Bertha-Hewitt @ Bertha-Hewitt High School
- 6:00pm Basketball: Boys JV Game vs. Royalton @ Wadena-Deer Creek High School
- 6:00pm Wrestling: JV Dual vs. Otter Tail Central @ Wadena-Deer Creek Elementary School
- 7:00pm Hockey: Boys Varsity Game vs. Park Rapids Area @ Ted O. Johnson Ice Arena
- 7:00pm Wrestling: Varsity Dual vs. Otter Tail Central @ Wadena-Deer Creek Elementary School
- 7:30pm Basketball: Girls Varsity Game vs. Bertha-Hewitt @ Bertha-Hewitt High School
- 7:30pm Basketball: Boys Varsity Game vs. Royalton @ Wadena-Deer Creek High School
Park Region Conference Set to Host Boys Basketball Showcase: The eight members of the Park Region Conference will host a Boys' Basketball Showcase at Wadena-Deer Creek High School on Saturday, Dec. 16. Basketball fans will be treated to a full day of basketball starting at 1 p.m. The member schools’ Junior Varsity Teams will also play either prior to or after the varsity games in the auxiliary gym at the high school.
Admission will be $7 for adults and $3 for students and is set by the conference. One admission price is good for all day so fans can enjoy up to four varsity games. Full concessions will be available. Below is the full schedule of the day’s events.
DANCE REVIEW OPEN TO YOUTH: The Wadena-Deer Creek Rhymettes Dance team invites youth in PreK-6th grade to their Dance Review on Jan. 15 at 6 p.m. at the Elementary Big Gym (note change of location!). The review will include a special show in honor of Princess Warrior, Jan Fiemeyer, so wear your orange! Practice dates at high school from 6 to 7 p.m. on Jan. 8, 9 and 11.Cost: $20 (includes T-shirt to be worn at the review). Questions, contact Beth Motschenbacher. Registration forms were passed out at school and available at school offices. Deadline to register is Dec. 22. Click here for Registration Form.
WDC TO HONOR ALUMNI WITH HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES! Wadena-Deer Creek High School is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the accomplishments of their alumni with a Wadena-Deer Creek Hall of Fame. Outstanding alumni can be nominated now through May 1, 2018, to be inducted into the inaugural class at the 2018 Homecoming Game on Sept. 28 against the Pelican Rapids Vikings. The WDC Hall of Fame will recognize outstanding participants, coaches, and contributors from the current WDC School District, as well as the former Wadena and Deer Creek districts. Four categories are available. Participants, coaches, teams, as well as an at-large category for those that have made significant contributions in any way to the activities programs at WDC. Click here for nomination form.
More than $1,055 raised from Dime Drive! WDC Middle/High School raised $1,059.29 for the March of Dimes!
- 3rd place - Mrs. Pulver's 6th-grade class
- 2nd place - Mrs. Quincer's 5th-grade class
- and 1st place goes to Mrs. Golberg's 7th-grade (7th-period math) class! They earned a pizza party. :)
On the last day (Dec. 11), Mrs. Pulver's class turned in more than $80.00 in sabotage money! Wadena-Deer Creek's FCCLA chapter thanks all who generously participated!
ORTON'S GAS STATIONS are giving half of their coffee and hot beverage sales in December to local schools, including WDC Elementary. Thank you, Orton's!
PLEASE SAVE AND COLLECT FOR WDC! The school collects Box Tops, Pizza Ranch wagons, Loaves 4 Learning and Pop Tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. Turn in these items at the elementary or middle/high school offices. Thank you!
Important WOLVERINE Dates:
- Dec. 14 - Last Day of Preschool before winter break
- Dec. 17 - Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, HS Gym
- Dec. 18 - Truth in Taxation Hearing/School Board meeting, 6pm, Robertson Theatre
- Dec. 20 - Dress Up in Your Best Day. Last Day of Fall!
- Dec. 20 - Knowledge Bowl season begins
- Dec. 21 - Ugly Sweater Day. First Day of Winter!
- Dec. 22-Jan. 1 - NO SCHOOL. Winter break. Happy Holidays!
- Jan. 2 - Classes resume for PreK-Grade 12. Welcome back!
- Jan. 25 - K-4 Winter Music Program, 1:30pm, Elem Big Gym
Wolverine indoor track
WDC Middle/High School INDOOR TRACK HOURS: M-F: 6am-7:30am and 3:15pm to 8pm, Sundays, 1-3pm. Nine times around the track equals 1 mile! The public is invited to enjoy our indoor track. There may be days it is closed due to games, tournaments or cleaning. Thank you for your cooperation!