Wadena-Deer Creek School District is asking voters to consider two questions on the Nov. 7 ballot -- an operating levy and a bond issue for facility improvements for the Wadena Memorial Auditorium and WDC Elementary School. To find out more about the questions, the levy, the building improvements, and the financial implications, please follow the link below.
Join us to learn more about WDc Referendum Meetings
We encourage the public to attend any of the following meetings so they can make an informed decision when voting on Nov. 7. Supt. Lee Westrum will be giving the presentations at these meetings.
- Oct. 16: Wadena Public Meeting
- Tours of Elementary at 4:45pm (Meet at Elem Office area.)
- Referendum meeting at 5:30pm, Elementary Media Center.
- Monthly School Board Mtg to begin after the Referendum Presentation.
- Oct. 23: Deer Creek Public Meeting, 6:00pm, Deer Creek Community Center
The FACT SHEET on the Referendum is below. Any questions, please call Supt. Lee Westrum at the District Office at 218-632-2155.
Little Wolverines recognized for positive behavior
WDC Elementary Principal Louis Rutten announced the recent PAWS recipients who were awarded for positive behavior. They included: Yezel Lopez Arevalo, Lane Beier, Kendal Hastings, Elena Lease, Danielle Lorentz, Jadeyn Malisheske, Tori Mallak, Zaden Minich, and Levyn Rousslang.
PAWS (Positive Always ready Working together Safe) supports positive behavior for students in grades K-4.
A student can be nominated by any staff member, not just their teacher. They are nominated by exhibiting positive behavior and helping others.
The students are given a "yellow ticket" for their positive behavior, which they put it in a bucket that Principal Rutten draws from each month. Students get to pick a prize. All prizes are donated by local and area businesses.
WDC's Red Cross Blood Drive, Wednesday, Oct. 18, 8 a.m. to 2 p.m., Auxiliary Gym. To schedule your appointment, contact coordinators, Casey Volkmann at 218.639.8826 or Preston Warren at 218.639.7218. Sponsored WDC's National Honor Society,
Important WOLVERINE Dates:
- Oct. 18: NHS Blood Drive for WDC students and staff, 8am-2pm, Auxiliary Gym
- Oct. 19-20: MEA Convention - NO SCHOOL
- Oct. 28: WDC Track Team's Monster Run, 9am start, high school
- DATE CHANGE!!! Oct. 28: Halloween Extravaganza, 11am to 1pm, Elementary Gym/Cafeteria
Wolverine indoor track
WDC INDOOR TRACK SUMMER HOURS: M-F: 6am-6pm. Nine times around the track equals 1 mile! The public is invited to enjoy our indoor track. There may be days it is closed to tournaments or cleaning. Thank you for your cooperation!