After-School Computer Lab: If you need to use the computer lab after school, there are only two days left: Monday, May 23 and Tuesday, May 24.
Summer Rec Coaches Meeting: Wednesday, May 25, 3pm, in Tiered Computer Lab 2024. Any one coaching Summer Rec softball, baseball or any outdoor sports activities are required to attend. You will need to complete a mandatory concussion test on the computer. Questions, contact Dana in the HS office.
Parents Meeting for Drivers Education: There will be a parent's night for driver education on Wednesday, May 25 in the Robertson Theater from 7:00-8:30 pm. All parents and students taking driver education this summer are encouraged to attend.
Wednesday, May 25
9am to 4:30pm
WDC Middle/High School
Questions, contact Jackie Becker, school store manager, 632-2340.
1st annual WDC Elementary PTO Color Run
Friday, May 27 * Sunnybrook Park, Wadena
Registration: 3:30-5pm * Race begins 5:30pm
$30 per person
Wolverine Golf Scramble - June 10
Wadena-Deer Creek High School will hold its annual Wolverine Golf Scramble on Friday, June 10 at Whitetail Run Golf Course in Wadena. Proceeds from the scramble will benefit WDC Athletics.
The event is open to the public. Entry fee is $60 per person or $40 for Whitetail Run members. Fee includes 18 holes of golf, cart and meal. Registration starts at 10:30 am, with a shotgun start slated for noon. After golfers complete their 18 holes, a meal will be served at the golf course. A silent auction will be held with a variety of items donated by area businesses. Prizes for top three places. For more information, contact Norm Gallant, activities director, at (218) 632-2310. Registration forms are available at the high school office or download a Team/Corporate Registration Form by clicking HERE.
WDC School Board approves 2016-17 calendar
The WDC School Board approved the 2016-17 school year calendar at their March 21st meeting. If you are planning for next year, download a copy by clicking on link below!
- May 24 - Gr. 3 Field Trip to Bemidji Science Museum
- May 24 - Gr. 1 Picnic at Sunnybrook Park, 11am-1pm
- May 25 - School Patrol Trip to MN Twins game, leave 8:15am
- May 25 - Gr. 5-8 Awards Program, 9:45 am, HS Gym
- May 25 - Gr. 2 Picnic, Sunnybrook Park, 10am-2pm
- May 25 - Gr 1 at Green Island, TBD
- May 26 - Gr. 4 Field Trip to Itasca State Park
- May 26 - Gr. 3 Picnic at Tapley Park, 11am-1pm
- May 26 - Kindergarten Graduation, 1:30pm, Auditorium. CONGRATS, CLASS OF 2028!
- May 27 - K-4 Awards Program, 9am, Memorial Auditorium
- May 27 - Last Half Day of School, dismiss 1pm @MS/HS /1:10pm @Elem.
- May 27 - End of 4th Quarter
- May 27 - End of 3rd Trimester @ Elem
- May 27 - PTO 3K Color Run, 5:30pm
- May 31 - Teacher Work Day
- June 1 - Summer Rec Begins!
- June 10 - Wolverine Golf Scramble, noon start, Whitetail Run Golf Course
- June 13-15 - Jon Koenigs Tennis Camp, open to girls/boys in Gr. 3-6. Download Registration Form.
- June 16-18 - June Jubilee
- June 22-26 - Wadena County Fair
- June 30 - Summer Rec Fun Day, West Playground, WDC Elementary
- June 11-16 - Prairie Fire Theatre presents "Pinocchio"
- June 25-Aug. 5 - Madhatters Summer Drama Camp
Indoor Track Hours: 6am to 7:30am and 3:15pm to 6pm, Monday-Friday. In the event of a sports activity, the track will close by 5pm.
PARENTS: If your student qualifies for free/reduced lunch they can receive a 3-month scholarship membership at the Maslowski Wellness & Research Center. Scholarships will be distributed on a first-come/first-serve basis and must include proper documentation. For more information, contact Sandie Rentz 218-632-2396.
WDC Late Bus runs Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. Elementary pickup is at 5:10pm at the Cafeteria Doors on Dayton Avenue. Middle/High School pickup is at 5:15pm at the bus loading/unloading area behind the school.
WDC Elementary designated a 2014 Reward School!