Warren selected to All-State Dance!
Sophomore captain Courtny Warren of the WDC Dance Team was selected to the Minnesota Association of Dance Team's All-State Team!
Student-athletes are nominated and selected because of their demonstration of exceptional dance technique. All-State dancers will perform with other top dancers March 10 at Eden Prairie High School.
Dance coach Beth Motschenbacher, Courtny’s parents Paul and Heather, and Troy Wangsness, who presented the All-State letter to Courtny (because this year’s dance had a cops and robbers theme) were on hand for the presentation on Friday. 😃
“I am very proud of Courtny. She is a great leader along with being an amazing dancer. I am very excited that she will be representing her team and her school. Courtny is the third dancer to go to All-State in my 10 years of coaching. Autumn Jahnke and Kristyn (Ament) Rude were the first two to go," said Motschenbacher.
WDC FFA celebrates ffa week, feb. 17-24
The Wadena-Deer Creek FFA Chapter in Wadena will celebrate National FFA Week, Feb. 17-24, 2018. This FFA Week embraces more than 90 years of FFA traditions while looking forward to the organization’s future. More than 653,000 members will participate in National FFA Week activities at local, state and national levels. These members have a passion for agriculture.
Designated a national week in 1947, the week of George Washington’s birthday, National FFA Week runs from Saturday to Saturday and gives FFA members an opportunity to educate the public about agriculture. During the week, chapters conduct a variety of activities to help others in their school and community learn about FFA and agricultural education.
Today’s FFA members are the innovators and leaders of tomorrow. Through agricultural and hands-on learning, they are preparing for 255 unique career opportunities in the food, fiber and natural resources industry. National FFA Week is sponsored by Tractor Supply Company.
The National FFA Organization provides leadership, personal growth and career success training through agricultural education to 649,355 student members who belong to one of 7,859 local FFA chapters throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. The organization is also supported by 225,891 alumni members in 1,934 alumni chapters throughout the U.S.
ordered your yearbook yet? feb. 23 last day!
Don't miss out on your chance get a 2017-2018 yearbook. February 23 is your last day to GUARANTEE your copy of the yearbook.
You can order online:
Or you can bring your check or cash to Beth Hawkins at the Middle/High School. Middle school yearbooks are $11, and high school yearbooks are $40.
WDC JO volleyball player/parent/info meeting, Feb. 26
The Wadena-Deer Creek Junior Olympic Volleyball program would like to invite anyone interested in volleyball to participate this spring. Player/parent information meeting/sign-up meeting is Monday, Feb. 26 at 6 pm in the WDC High School Commons.
Any questions, call Sue Volkmann at (218) 371-1184 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Feb. 17-24 - National FFA Week
- Feb. 19-23 - MN School Board Recognition Week
- Feb. 23 - Kindergarten classes visit the dentist
- Feb. 25 - Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, MS/HS/FEMA gyms, sponsored by WDC Community Education
- Feb. 26 & 27 - Cartoonist Gary Harbo at middle/high school
- Feb. 26 - March 1 - Scholastic Middle/High School Book Fair
- Feb. 27 - End of 2nd Trimester
- Feb. 27 - Grade 9 Knowledge Bowl Regions
- Feb. 28 - Grades 9-12 Large Group Band Contest, all day, Staples
- Feb. 28 & Mar. 1 - No Preschool due to conferences
- March 1 - Students dismissed at 12:30p
- March 1 - Parent/Teacher Conferences 1:30-7:30pm, elementary and middle/high school
- March 2 - No School for students and staff
- March 4 - Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, MS/HS/FEMA gyms, sponsored by WDC Community Education
- March 5 - Knowledge Bowl Regions for grades 9-12
- March 5 - Grade 5/7-8 Band/7-8 Choir Concert, 1:30pm, MS/HS Gym
- March 5 - Grades 9-12 Band/Jazz Band & Choir Concert, 7:30pm, MS/HS Gym
- March 5 - Special School Board Meeting, 6pm, Robertson Theatre. Approve remodeling bids for elementary.
- March 8 - Knowledge Bowl Regions for grades 7-8
- March 8 - Preschool Registration Night, 5:30-7pm
- March 8-10 - State BPA, Minneapolis
- March 9 - Kindergarten's "Donuts with Dad," 8:15am
- March 11 - LAST ONE FOR SEASON! Sunday Open Gym, 1-3pm, MS/HS/FEMA gyms, sponsored by WDC Community Education
- March 11 - Daylight Saving Time begins!
- March 12 - Opening Practice for Varsity Softball and Track & Field
- March 12 - Grades 5-6 Science Fair opens, middle school hallway
- March 14 - NHS Blood Drive, 8am-2pm, FEMA Gym
- March 14 - Pi Day!
- March 16 - Kindergarten Orientation for 2018-19, morning and afternoon sessions. Call elem office for information at 632-2400.
- March 16 - No Kindergarten (due to KIndergarten Orientation)
- March 19 - Opening Practice for Varsity Baseball and Boys/Girls Golf
- March 28 - DARE Graduation for sixth grade (tentative), 2pm, MS/HS Gym
- March 28 - MN 10,000 Lakes Regional Robotics Competition, University of MN
- March 28 - End of Quarter 3
- March 28 - Grades 9-12 Large Group Choir Contest, all day, Staples
- March 29-April 2 - No School. Spring Break. March 29 is Staff Development Day.
WDC Community Education sponsors Sunday Open Gym each week from 1 to 3 p.m. at Wadena-Deer Creek Middle/High School. Open Gym is open to the public and is free of charge. Shoot baskets, play volleyball or walk the indoor track. Gyms are supervised. Upcoming Open Gym dates are: Feb. 25, March 4, and March 11 is the last session!
WDC TO HONOR ALUMNI WITH HALL OF FAME INDUCTEES! Wadena-Deer Creek High School is proud to announce that they will be celebrating the accomplishments of their alumni with a Wadena-Deer Creek Hall of Fame. Outstanding alumni can be nominated now through May 1, 2018, to be inducted into the inaugural class at the 2018 Homecoming Game on Sept. 28 against the Pelican Rapids Vikings. The WDC Hall of Fame will recognize outstanding participants, coaches, and contributors from the current WDC School District, as well as the former Wadena and Deer Creek districts. Four categories are available. Participants, coaches, teams, as well as an at-large category for those that have made significant contributions in any way to the activities programs at WDC. Click here for nomination form.
PLEASE SAVE AND COLLECT FOR WDC! The school collects Box Tops, Pizza Ranch wagons, Loaves 4 Learning and Pop Tabs for the Ronald McDonald House. Turn in these items at the elementary or middle/high school offices. Thank you!
Wolverine indoor track
WDC Middle/High School INDOOR TRACK HOURS: M-F: 6am-7:30am and 3:15pm to 8pm, Sundays, 1-3pm. Nine times around the track equals 1 mile! The public is invited to enjoy our indoor track. There may be days it is closed due to games, tournaments or cleaning. Thank you for your cooperation!